Verified Reviewer

I live in a rural area and a misleading internet search stated this company had a well rated consumer review for internet services. Since internet is very limited for those who live in "the woods", I decided why not.

Huge mistake. The First issue was when the initial installation. They called me the day of approximately 2 hours prior to the time agreed upon and said their tech didn't have the proper equipment to install the dish. (who doesn't carry the equipment to install a dish which is your main job???) so it was rescheduled for the following day.

I never received a call from them to let me know they were on their way. I finally received a call at the very latest time they said they would be there and then told me it wouldn't be installed because they were running behind. Well that's day two that we had to rearrange our schedule for installation and it not be completed. I called, complained and said i wanted to cancel my services.

With a little bit of persuasion they got me to agree to give them "one more chance" and even offered a discount on the first bill. Uhh sucker am I. Anyways, they GUARANTEED it would be installed the following day between 2-5pm, like the prior two days. Well that day rolled around and I got a call at 10 am saying they were on the way.

When I told them no one was home because that wasn't the time set, they said they couldn't do another time because he wasn't the tech for my area and lived far away. Very annoying but managed to get them to install with my 14 year old instead of someone who was 18 years old. Ok, finally installed. Got home that evening after work and attempted to use this amazing internet promised.

I got nothing. Couldn't use my laptop, my kids couldn't use the gaming system. I was able to connect my phone, but it still "buffered" and didn't allow me to use it properly. I was done with them already.

The following day at 630 am I called and cancelled my account. They said they cancelled it but I would be charged for the remaining months of the contract. Um, What?! I had this stupid internet for less than 24 hours and it didn't even hold up to their promised speeds or even minimal speeds.

So the agent spoke to the dispute department and said they would review the dispute and I would have to call back and see what they decided by the end of following week. Wow, long time to decided on their mistakes but ok. Fast forward to 4 days later, I was charged for the first months bill. Called in and spoke to an agent, Alex ID:124****, he stated that i would not receive a refund because I agreed to the contract despite their lack of commitment of the speeds or the fact that I had it for less than 24 hours.

I then mentioned the other few kickers i didn't mention yet. The contract didn't even have my name on it. It had someone else's name on it and their electronic signature. The contract wasn't even sent to go over UNTIL after it was installed.When i advised him of that he stated that the person who signed me up told me about the contract so i knew about it.

Yeah with any agreement there is a contract BUT they only skim over it and don't give you the entire thing to read and agree to before signing. I was told to call back tomorrow to talk to someone who was above him. This is the most ridiculous "internet" provider that is out there. I wouldn't reccomend this company to anyone in this world.

Not sure who actually rates them as a good company. It appears legal action will have to take place if they dont agree to waive everything and refund me the amount already taken out. I mean it's not even my contract, right??? So after i spoke to this wonderful agent I decided to go back through this contract and this contract is asinine!

IT is completely misleading. If i could rate this company with zero stars i would.

User's recommendation: DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Viasat Cons: Two-year contract, Customer service is nasty, Extremely slow internet service expensive not dependable, Cancellation fees.

Comments