58 views
Verified Reviewer

We've experienced significant slow-down on internet speeds since March, 2020. On June 24 I was told by Viasat I was on a 150 GB egacy plan that produced slow internet speeds and I needed to upgrade to a new plan ($45/mo additional) to get faster speeds.

The new plan is no faster. Over the last two months when I call Viasat to report slow speeds, it's same story every time: power the modem off for 60 seconds, cable the modem directly to the computer bypassing the router, turn the power on, and verify the speed. Sometimes the speeds increase and if they do two hours later they are back to slow speeds. The speeds are terribly slow after noon and less than 2 mbps in the evenings.

Viasat insists on bypassing the router which is not how home internet WIFI works.

Viasat records the improved speeds after rebooting, not the slow speeds you called about, so when you call the next time they say I had high speeds. Satellite is my only option where I live in Alaska.

User's recommendation: I do not recommend this service.

Product or Service Mentioned: Viasat Internet Service.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Comments