map-marker East Liverpool, Ohio

Runs out of high speed internet way to fast plus it’s to slow and I am the only one that uses it for my printer and my grandson comes on the weekends and always run out of high speed it’s crazy

Service sucks I will find a different internet provider my contact is up but they say I can buy more high speed if I want lol lol lol they are a joke

User's recommendation: Don’t use this provider scam company

Resolved
Misty B Mse

Verified Reviewer

Resolved: Misleading information and horrible tech support

Updated by user Sep 07, 2023

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. Viasat has not contacted me to apologize other than via email.

Most importantly, they have now fixed my account so I can access my information. No one has yet addressed with me the support agent who clearly misled me. However, my service has not yet been suspended . Hopefully, the balance can be paid with my Sept.

16 with current bill. Then i wont feel as if i were told false information to gain a payment .

Original review Aug 27, 2023
I ordered Viasat internet and it was installed on July 14. The advertisement claimed no upfront money or installment fees.

Within two weeks i was billed $156. This doesn't mean I never saw a bill because I could not access my online account. I registered under my email and new accomber however, when i tried to login it brought up another email. So basically, my new number they had given me was still associated with a
previous account holder's email.

So when I tried to use my email as a username, it would not log me in unless I used the prior email, which was not mine. My first phone call to customer support was in regards to the email. The girl that I spoke to suggested that I use the other persons email as my username to log into the account instead of them correcting that problem. I would not do that to me that was kind of a privacy issue and it was using someone elses information.

She sent in the first ticket to resolve the problem to tech-support and told me to call back in 3 to 5 business days to see what they said to do. This whole time I could not log into my account keep in mind, which means I could not see a bill I didnt know what how much data I was using. I had no idea about anything. I dont even know what plan I have.

Did I receive an email that tells me Id use 70% of my data. It had not been but Two weeks since installed. I had to call and I had to add more data. Five days later I contact Bass that again and they informed me they have resolved the issue of the other email and now I can login with my email to go in and create the account again with the same email and try.

I attempt to and now I can log into my account, but when I do it comes up a completely different account number, a different name, but my email. Note it also says theres a past-due balance and its clearly not my account because it has a different account number and different name. I still cant see any data usage. I cant see anything other than the past due balance they want paid.

There is no bill, no data usage, no explanation of anything. I wasnt sure what the $156 was for PLUS the additional $60 I had to add for more data after two weeks of service. My question is is if it was no upfront fees and no installation fees how on earth did I owe $156 in two weeks and then use that much data at the same time? So I contact customer support back and we escalate the problem again another ticket is made so they can correct the problem why it is taking me to another account instead of my account information, Im told to contact back once again 3 to 5 business days.

I dont know that I have a Bill during this time because I have seen it. I found out about the $156 bill that Im referring to after it already disconnected my Internet. Now I called furious not knowing why they have and clearly I thought that they would understand being that they couldnt even log me into my account. I mean who on earth pays the bill if they havent seen one they dont know what theyre paying for?

I asked him to simply leave the Internet on and I wasnt gonna pay the bill until they corrected the problem and then I would pay the bill because it was their issue that they couldnt resolve and I didnt know what I was paying for. I feel like they needed to work with me. They didnt. This went on for three weeks.

Nearly I dont know how many times I called a couple of times I was called pretty much a liar, and I had no Internet. After being frustrated and knowing that I already had a two-year contract sign now, and I still couldnt get in my account I made the decision after threatening to leave them to go ahead and stay with them due to the fact, they would be a lot of problems to try to change over and everything. On 21 August I contact them back and I talk to a man in customer support and tell him Im still not able to log into my account. They still havent fixed the problem.

I dont know what Im paying for. However I need my Internet because I cant use my phone. Can I make a payment arrangement now? The bill is gone from 156 to 190.

I did that because I didnt feel like I needed to pay anything because I still couldnt see the bill however, I needed it on, he said it was no problem. How much do you want to pay was what he asked me. I told him Id pay $136 could I pay the additional 60 and a couple of weeks? No problem he says and takes that $136 payment and has my Internet back on.

Before we hang up I ask when is my next payment due? Im told September 16. Makes sense, I made a payment arrangement on August 21 so yeah thats about the time frame that you would think somebody would get to pay it out. Get off the phone.

Try to log into my account still cant log into my account. Today I get a notice that they tried to run the additional $61 that I just made the payment arrangement for four days ago already through my account. They gave me four days of a payment arrangement. So, now Im delinquent again and at any time my Internet can be disconnected.

I paid $136 four days ago and Im already faced with them disconnecting it again. Of course Ive called twice and no help. Keep in mind through this whole process I didnt have any Internet for three weeks. Ive contacted Viasat about my bill when it was disconnected.

I was emailed back that they received my email and guaranteed someone would contact me back in 48 hours probably seven times and not once has anybody contacted me back. Instead, I feel like I was lied to about the $136 payment arrangement on the 21st and the agent knew they were gonna turn around and disconnect my account again if I didnt pay remaining balance. Yet Im still waiting my eighth round of 3 to 5 business days to give them to simply correct my account issues by escalating it up to technical support. That is a joke I still cant access my account.

I dont know what Ive paid for in the past, I dont even know what plan I have, I know nothing. Yet, they can cut off my Internet and have no care or concern about it and lie to me to get it done. The advertisement when I signed up of no upfront fees and no installation fees is misleading. Viasat Misleads people in my opinion to get people to commit to a contract.

Then do not follow through with anything on their part far as customer support goes. You will pay what they say you owe whether you know you owe it whether you seen it or they will disconnect you . No questions asked no explanations they will give . .

No questions will they answer. Clearly they have plenty more to replace you because they dont give two craps about losing you. Individuals like myself, who live in rural areas and are limited in their choices whether it be their location or the cost of other Internet providers. My Internet probably will go off any day.

I am furious and I know theres nothing I can do other than pay what they claim I owe without seeing any proof or find another Internet provider. If i break my contract due to Viasat's inability to resolve these issues they will try to charge me $15 a day for EVERY DAY I still have left on my contract. I Have attempted to reach out to someone from a different department in regards to the problems by email. When you call the customer support number to speak to someone in customer support, whether it be a technical issue or whatever if you have a past due balance like I did if you dont agree to make that payment, you cant even speak to someone from Viasat.

You have to make an agreement with this recording that youre going to make a payment that you owe or else you cannot speak to anyone anywhere within that company. How unfortunate if for some reason you need to explain why you couldnt make that payment or need help from them anyway, This is the biggest mess Ive ever gotten myself into where theres a contract involved. I hope I didnt make a mistake and Viasat proves me wrong. If not, I will contact everyone I can and I will post every review that I can on this one to maybe save someone else from doing the same.

Do i recommend Viasat? At this point in time absolutely not, if they reach out to me and ttry to resolve the issues Ive dealt with in the past few months and what Im facing now I will be back and add it to this review. I clearly was misled about this payment arrangement and the question is, was it done intentionally or no? To me thats just taking advantage of your customers and doing whatever you have to do to get payment for services that may or may not have been provided.

After all isnt part of the plan, or the account agreement that you will provide good customer support? How about making sure you provide a statement for services you claim they received?
Pros:
  • Internet service where there is no other option
Cons:
  • Horrible customer service
  • Misleading
  • Lack of reliability

Preferred solution: Access to my account information. Reimbursement for the time my internet was disconnectted. To prevent further disconnect due to misleading payment arrangement and an apology.

User's recommendation: Check reviews on this company before signing

map-marker Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

Viasat: Lies. Scans, Steals and Gaslights

Viasat: Lies. Scans, Steals and Gaslights

The equipment broke twice within the first months of service. This company thought it was appropriate to offer me only $26 for eight days of missed work from home after telling me the soonest they could send a tech to fix the issue, the second time the equipment broke down.

I, like most, could not get eight days off work to wait for the tech. So I had to go back to Verizon and pay them $400 plus to get their service back... When it came time for the Viasat tech to come, on a work day because they don't send techs weekends, I got calls and a text that their tech couldn't find my home. Mind you they installed the equipment and I hadn't moved.

I would have had to race and take the day off work with no notice to my employer as I was in the middle of a work from home rural work day. I wasn't able to do that this the tech never came -- this happened in December. In late December or early January I called and stopped the auto pay because I didn't believe I should pay over $200 a month for service that wasn't working. I planned to re-schedule to get the tech out as soon as I could take time off from work...

I was told auto pay was turned off for the time. In February Viasat took the over $200 payment via auto pay from my checking account. Clearly that rep had lied. Auto pay wasn't shut off.

Viasat refused to refund the money. They kept telling me the charge was valid. Their idea of a valid charge is stealing your money for service that doesn't work.. Their idea of customer service is to constantly treat you like garbage.

This is a cheating lying scamming abusive gaslighting company... Go with any other option. Don't get involved with this scam company... And btw they expect me to still pay the early service termination fee and the fee for the remaining months I would have used the service if Viasat hadn't done this latest theft from me...

This is a company that will literally lie and steal...

BTW: The $226.46 Viasat stole - they won't even apply this to the early termination fee or the ongoing monthly cost for the rest of the contract time. They're keeping it as service cost even though they know and admitted there's been no Internet service...

User's recommendation: Do not get involved with Viasat

Sheila A Nxs

| map-marker Coalgate, Oklahoma

Frustrated with the price

Price is outrageous. Can not cancel from online app. Customer service isn't great. But the one positive is we got internet in the country but it cost around 150 a month for unlimited high-speed or 91 for 60gigs of high speed and with grandkids it last one week then it lags and you cannot stream good for the rest of the month.

User's recommendation: If you can afford the 150 for internet great or don't go over 60g a month even better but I'm still looking for an affordable internet.

Tamika G Vie

No Loyalty

Viasat - No Loyalty
Viasat - No Loyalty - Image 2
Viasat - No Loyalty - Image 3
Viasat - No Loyalty - Image 4
Viasat - No Loyalty - Image 5
Viasat - No Loyalty - Image 6

Ive been a customer for over nine years and up until this year Ive never had any problems with Viasat/Exede. I honestly believe that they were trying to get rid of me because they could no longer charge me those outrageous prices once I signed up for the ACP program!!

Id have service for a few days and then for the rest of the month nothing, Id call the customer service representative would go thru the troubleshooting process and still no service, so they would put in a ticket to technical support of course they ALWAYS had a 25 minute wait or either call was disconnected; Id call back and be put on hold again and same thing. Usually then you guessed it internet is working. Next month same thing. But today, help me Lord, today was the last straw Ive called every single month concerning the service being out as well as refunding my money for the days when even your very own technicians have ran diagnostics and it clearly shows its something wrong on your end!!!

This man had the audacity to tell me that if I called Monday to create a service ticket that if the problem wasnt resolved by Wednesday I was supposed to call back!! And every time I called I also asked to speak to a Supervisor and today was the first day I finally got a chance hoping he would attempt to actually look at the patternNope his response was I can refund you the money you paid for the tech to come to your home; Oh wait a minute you didnt pay for that Really, like,,oh ok so well I tell you what just cancel my services completely!! Wait one second I can Me: No thanks Him I will be happy to assist you I just want to check on one thing before you decide to cancel if you dont mind, on my screen here it shows that you have service on Oct. 8th someone used (some #) so you have had some service Me: Ok (praying) Him Hello Me(breathe) Yes I dont know what that means but Him: Basically someone signed on and off either because they moved or lost signal Me: So by your own admission you know there are problems with the service you can clearly see that I have called EVERY SINGLE MONTH and Ive been a customer for over 9years, 9 years!!

Just please disconnect my service and refund my money!!

After declining a discount for another service call he said Yes maam youre account will be closed Nov. 6 it is already set up in our system as you requested in AUGUST!!

Loss:
Pros:
  • Speed
  • Area of coverage in rural areas
Cons:
  • Customer service has been consistently inadequate
  • Price not honored
  • No loyalty for longevity

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Please don’t use this company!!! It’s cheaper to drive to town to the library or community center!!!

map-marker Bellevue, Washington

Allegedly owe unpaid bill

I was subscribed to Viasat 2 year contract. I made sure I had paid up before severing my service. I sent back the equipment as requested. Over 2 years ago and now there is a supposedly legitimate "collections/agency/email" I am receiving asking for payment of $130? NO! I'M not paying it!Tr

User's recommendation: Try T Mobile if you are in an area that you have some cell/tower/signals.

Kenneth D Qiv

| map-marker Miami, Florida

End of service

Updated by user Jan 25, 2024

They are gonna charge me for 23 more months. I have disconnected there products and had brightspeed install theres. For 140 dollars less a month and brightspeeds products work great,

Updated by user Jan 25, 2024

So I got lied to on every situation with Viasat. Free install.

Great service. I couldn't watch anything without the internet glitching. The data they sold me was a lie.

The only way to talk with customer service is to call for a new install. They are taking money from customers for a product that doesn't work.

Original review Jan 18, 2024
Yes Ive tried to get ahold of you all and I have only had internet with you for three weeks. Its not working in this area. I have been mislead and not getting the correct service. I have another provider installing the equipment on 1/19/2024. I would like for you all to come and get rid of your equipment. Thanks
Loss:
Cons:
  • Poor performance
  • Too many to list
  • Phone service gives wrong number and skippy

Preferred solution: Full refund

Kevin M Fvi

Verified Reviewer

Way to expensive for what they offer

WatI was paying 325.00 a month for 300mbps with a data cap that always ends a week after the new billing cycle. There service goes out every time it rains snows or gets cloudy. It sucks. They are criminal this company needs to be investigated by the F.C.C. very bad company. I would and will never recommend this company to anyone. Stay Away from VIASAT run away
Loss:
Cons:
  • Everything about them

Preferred solution: Some form of refund and apology

User's recommendation: Wait if you have to for starlink.

GLORIA P Kmb

VIASAT

VIASAT
This company installed their satellite on my roof and now when I discontinued their service, they required me to remove some part of that satellite or pay them $300. Now they have sent this debt to a debt collector, but I intend to fight them because I never agreed or would have agreed to remove something from my roof being a 75 year old woman. NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!
Loss:
Pros:
  • Unknown
Cons:
  • Unknown

Preferred solution: Resolution that I do not owe this company any money because I never agreed to pay them for the equipment they installed on my roof.

User's recommendation: AVOID VIASAT LIKE THE PLAGUE

map-marker West Sacramento, California

To cansel

I have no streaming ability and its not worth $80 a month I can get the service for half the price from lots of different places so I am going to leave this outfit and start with another good one
Irma C Lsd

Verified Buyer

I need to return internet box

Viasat - I need to return internet box
I moved houses and lost the return label and i cant ship it back without the label, but i cancled my account and my information cant be found.
Pros:
  • Good service
Cons:
  • Slow wifi

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

map-marker Knoxville, Tennessee

Horrible Service

HemHardly any signal. Constantly no signal. Constantly out of data when nothing was able connect to the Internet. Better signal hands down from hotspots on our cell phones and mobile hotspot puck. Don't waste your time using them. Took over 35+ minutes to get them to cancel the service. Kept trying different sales tactics to keep us with t

User's recommendation: Don't recommend

Julie D Lxk

Please warn people NOT to use this company!

I have had multiple issues with Viasat and calling their customer service line is not effective in any way.

I will provide only 3 of the issues I have had with Viasat where their customer service was not helpful.

The first issue occurred in January of 2023. I had missed a payment and service had been suspended.

My fault. I called and paid the overdue amount plus a re-connect fee. The next month,February, they deducted over $400.00 dollars from the account that I used to pay the bill and reconnect fee. I called customer service and was told that this was a mistake on their part and they would issue a refund in 14-21 business days.

I asked for a supervisor and was told nothing could be done to speed up the return. I called again the next day went through customer service again and then had to wait again for a supervisor only to have him parrot the same thing to me. It would take 14-21 business days to refund the money. I told them that I would find a way to press charges if it took a month and I would sue for interest and the overdraft fees that I accrued due to the unexpected $400 dollar charge that I had not authorized.

I repeated this process daily until I finally received a refund of the money they withdrew but I never received any compensation for the overdraft fees and a returned check fee.

The next month, March of 2023, they charged me again for the re-enstatement of service fee that I had paid in January. I was able to get a credit for that after 2 calls and much wasted time.

The third incident is when I called in May of 2023 to cancel my service and was told that I would still be charged for June because I had canceled too close to the payment date for June service. I called on May 18th. So, I ended up paying for another month of service.

Then when I received the box to return my equipment, I found out that I had to return the transceiver, or TIA, that is connected to the satellite. They put the satellite on the roof. I called and explained that I am a 54 year old widow who is not able to climb on the roof and that I live alone without any family to help me.

They said that they could either charge me $95.00 dollars to have someone come out or I could find someone else to pay to get it down.

I can't help feeling cheated and taken advantage of. Their service was intermittent at best and would go out almost daily.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Too many to list

Preferred solution: I would like them to take their satellite without charging me.

User's recommendation: Avoid this company at all costs

scott b Myc
map-marker Houston, Texas

I have only three devices connected and my sata ran out in two weeks. Of course they want me to upgrade for a price. so that was just a come-on. The moden did not reach my tv upstairs. etc etc etc

Updated by user Nov 02, 2023

waiting for final invoice

Original review Oct 02, 2023
the add said i would get a trial period. It didn't work, I canceled, and they charged me $340.00 to cancel. .i am not a happy camper.

User's recommendation: don't do it.

map-marker Wichita, Kansas

Still taking money out of my account on cancelled account

They are still taking money for a cancelled account from November 2022. They won't give me my money back and keep taking it out of my bank account.

User's recommendation: Don't get Viasat

map-marker Mansfield, Texas

Viasat Internet over charge each month

DBegan services April 2023 for monthly fee $85.05. When tech came to install had to pay $82.00 for pole to place equipment in.

Never discussed when talking to customer service. 2 weeks into services was very poor and slow connection used all GB. Talked to cust. Dr.

Sent tech back out he said everything working fine. Still slow buffering constantly. Called custservice again they made special offer adding 150 more GB same rate. When received bill was increased to $95.95 then the next month bill increased to $271.63.

I was furious told me I had upgraded my plan which I did not and we argued forever told her to cancel plan did not meet expectations of what they offered then was told have to pay $338.00 to terminate plan. I got screwed big time for maybe 3 good weeks of service

User's recommendation: Do not get Viasat Internet

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article