89 views

Contacted ATT internet as we have ATT cell phone coverage. Was told ATT not available but they could sell us the ViaSat internet package.

There was a special promotion for the bronze 12 package at $60 a month. I was told this included the $10 monthly rental of equipment and the $60 monthly price was for the duration of the two year agreement. Thinking a company working with ATT was honorable, I agreed to the install. After the install, checked email to find the price was $70 a month plus $10 for rental Plus $8.99 for "easy care" {which I never heard of or signed up for}.

On set income, this difference was unacceptable. Contacted customer care, obviously upset, and was informed I would have to pay $360 for early cancellation.

There was no misunderstanding with the seller, at 65 years old I have learned to clarify and take notes. The seller also said I would always get the 12 meg download speed, You don't get this with one tablet running.

User's recommendation: be forewarned, if not happy, you have two years to regret it.

Location: Edgefield, South Carolina