66 views
Verified Reviewer

I closed out my service in Feb. 2021, I received a box to mail back the modem and a part off the satellite dish.

The day we received the box, we mailed it off via UPS to back to the company. March 18th 2021 I receive a notice that they were going to charge me because they didn't receive the box. I called. The representative told me that I wasn't going to be charged and that the box made it to their warehouse.

On April 20 2021 I was charged 315.90 for the equipment.

I called them. They me that I needed to call back in told me that

User's recommendation: Do Not USE....Horrible customer service and Horrible at refunds.

Product or Service Mentioned: Viasat Internet Plan.

Comments

#2012447

I can not begin to tell you how disgusted and frustrated my family is about ViaSat. Here’s the timeline of events of our frustrations: •We signed up for internet as our new build house wasn’t internet ready yet.

We felt it would be a good temp solution and even a good back up when things got up and running. However the speeds didn’t work out and the 100 GB cap could never work for our household so we cancelled. •In returning the equipment, where the dish was placed was well out of reach for me to get it to where we needed a tech to come back out and take it down so I could return it. •Apparently in the two week shipping time and processing the equipment, we were charged the $380 and change for the equipment and was told to wait until it was done processing before asking a refund.

This timeline was 2 weeks •We waited the two week and called back again asking for our refund. We were told to be patient and to wait another two weeks for finance to electronically process •Two weeks again go by and we called to wait for the date of March 11th, I called back on March 12th asking where this refund was. I was told to check with my bank as it was deposited on 5/8 •I called the bank and there was no transfer of funds between you and my bank, when I conferenced in again, I was told we can’t do this. This is a smaller case of fraud and robbery.

I would like a personal call of someone in your finance department that handles refunds and we would like our money back. I would think during these hard times of COVID, that a company such as ViaSat would be able to maintain accurate financial records of where their money goes?

Viasat Reviews