1.1
Coverage Area
Style and Design

Bought the highest data package they offered, because they said I could watch Netflix, and have plenty of speed and data. They provide 50Gigs, for which I pay $116 a month. Meanwhile they hook other people up in my area and give them UNLIMITED data for the same price. They advertise their "high speed" service will be up to 15mbs, but in fact it is so SLOW I rarely can get more than 181 - 375 mps!

I have called and complained and requested the UNLIMITED packages they have given other people in my area, and they say it's not available for my address... (two miles from where a friend is getting UNLIMITED data for the same price I pay!!)

They tried to tell me the reason my internet is so slow is because I've used up all my data, but it was just as slow on the first day of my billing period as it is when I've used my allotted 50Gigs.

The only time it is closer to 1Mbps, is when everyone is asleep or during the day when there are less users...

So, I think Viasat is overselling their service adding more and more customers thus slowing everything down as they cram more users on to their service?

I've been through the "Tier 1, 2 and 3" tech support, who each time determine it's not my router, modem or computer (remotely accessed so they could figure out why I was only getting 98kbps) Their conclusion on that particular 5-hour tech support session was that everything was ok on my end, the problem was on their end. The tech said they would "reset" something on their end and that sometime in the next 24 hours there might be some improvement in the speed...

I'm sick of Viasat... the only other provider is Hughes Net which according to reviews might even be worse than this dishonest, substandard Viasat/Exede/WildBlue provider.

Product or Service Mentioned: Viasat Internet Plan.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Viasat Cons: Anything about your service.

• Viasat Exeed Wild Blue Satellite

Comments

Try sprint 3g/4g bandwidth for your area that works off of the cell towers like your phone does. After much research for my daughter l found that those 2 RIP off companies are NOT the only 2 that provide service to rural areas.

Yes you will be stuck with the doggone contract fee which they use to again RIP off the customer for more money.

But you will be getting better service. Then you need to start a class action law suit for the *** this company has done to their customers.